Friday, March 21, 2008

Craziest Time of the Year!

This time of the year has got to be one of the most stressful and busiest in my history here as a student. I will be graduating in May, great great news of course, but with that comes the deadlines, requirements, installations, midterms, applications for fellowships etc. etc. Thus far I have completed most of my responsibilities and considering this is the busiest time of year, I'd say I'm doing pretty well. Last week I stood in a 50+ person line to try and register for a study trip which filled up pretty quickly, leaving me 13th on the waitlist...my summer plans will need to change now, I've managed to find something just as exciting to do for my final courses at this school. On top of that, scholarship applications were due last week for Ox-bow, a summer retreat residency program run by SAIC. Over the weekend, I had to deinstall a show at estudiotres gallery and then install the BFA thesis show which took a lot more time than I had expected.


Bfa%20announcementsamia.jpg



The BFA thesis show is the culminating event for undergraduate students who plan to graduate in May. 250 talented SAIC students completing undergraduate degrees this
spring exhibit their innovative work in a range of media including ceramics; designed objects; fashion design; fiber and material studies; film, video, and new media; painting and drawing; performance; photography; printmedia; sculpture; and sound.


For more information about the show opening this Friday, March 14, 2008, please see below:

Undergraduate Exhibition
Gallery 2 & Project Space, 847 W. Jackson Blvd., 2nd & 3rd Floors
March 15 - April 4
Opening reception: Friday, March 14, 7:00 - 10:00 pm
Extended viewing hours: March 19 and April 4, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm