Monday, September 10, 2007

In the Studio

I have been working in my studio day in and day out on several projects that I have had on my mind for quite some time now. I do most of my work in the sculpture department and have been taking an Advanced Sculpture course for 3 semesters now. The great thing about the course is that students are supplied with their own studio on-campus and a rigorous schedule which includes two days of class and meeting with two instructors to exchange thoughts and ideas. The studio spaces are rather small but it still gives one room to store smaller projects and materials. I have included images below of my recent sculptures made of butcher paper, masking tape and glue. The finishing touches have been done with the use of enamel paint. I plan to create a larger scene where these sculptures are interacting with one another and screaming at something far away.


Here they are, my newest MonSTARS...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Blinky, 2007


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
MonSTAR, 2007 in the making...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


For more images of my work please visit http://www.samiamirza.com Too-da-loo!

No comments: