Saturday, December 29, 2007

Beach Time

The sun shined brightly today, we decided to take a ride out to the beach. My cousin, Ikaika, came by to pick all of us up and we rode in the back of his pickup (this is something people always do in Hawaii). It has been quite awhile since I last rode in the back so I will admit I was a bit nervous. While riding alongside the beaches, my cousin Jonah continuously exclaimed, "Hooo...the waves are pumpin", he was right indeed, the waves were great and the water was nice and warm. The boys caught a lot of waves while body boarding and body surfing, while I walked around and searched for Portuguese Man-of-wars along the beach, these are tiny blue jellyfish that linger around the ocean on windy days. As we left Sherwood Forest beach for another beach along the Waimanalo coast, we stopped by the well-known Keneke's Grill for Teriyaki burgers and Mahimahi. I had a fab day!


Photobucket
Amir, Jonah, and Ikaika await the next big wave...


Photobucket
Ikaika and Jadie wait outside of Keneke's, we all ordered shaved ice.