Friday, December 14, 2007

Wish List- An Exhibition

Photobucket


I just returned from the opening of a group exhibition that I am a part of at Koscielak Gallery Chicago . The exhibition entitled, Wish List, consists of work from artists in the Advanced Sculptural Practices Studio class at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Our final critique was scheduled for last tuesday and we had to install the show and THEN critique all the work in the show. Installation was frustrating because some people took up more space than others while some students didn't even show up for installation day! But I guess it was a good opportunity for me to work with such a large group and understand the good and the bad things about doing so.


My schedule has been so crazy though, because now I must pack for a loooong voyage back home to Hawaii. My flight is scheduled to leave tomorrow morning, I apologize if this entry is so short, I will write when I land!!!!


For more information in regards to Koscielak Gallery Chicago please visit the site below:
http://www.gosiakoscielak.com/upcomingExhibitions.php


or feel free to stop by the gallery located at:
1646 N. Bosworth Ave, Chicago IL 60622
773.252.9921


Photobucket
A sculpture by artist, Elizabeth Jaeger.


Photobucket
A sculpture by artist, Justin Swinburne.


Photobucket
A sculpture of mine entitled "Drop your legs and lay on me said the Meecha to the Macha"


A review of the show can be found at the following site: http://www.newcitychicago.com/chicago/7283.html